Protein Fluff “Ice Cream” Parfait
- 1 scoop whey (or vegetable-based) protein powder in flavor of your choice
- 10oz unsweetened vanilla almond or coconut milk
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon peanut or almond butter
- 2-3 large ice cubes
- 1/4 cup fresh berries of your choice
Tips on Ingredients:
- Finding a flavored protein powder without junky ingredients can be hard, so be diligent in your label reading.
- Instead, you might experiment with adding vanilla extract or cacao powder so you have complete control of your ingredients and flavor level.
- You can make your own almond milk in just fifteen minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, add whey protein, milk, xanthan gum, and nut butter.
- Blend on a high-power setting, stopping to scrape around blender occasionally to get the ingredients mixed well.
- Add in 2-3 large ice cubes and blend again.
- If the mixture is too thick, add more milk until desired consistency is achieved. It should look like a thick pudding once blended. If it is runny, add more xanthan gum.
- Layer the berries and mixture in a bowl or a fancy ice cream dish if you have one.
- Garnish the top with fresh or frozen berries, coconut flakes, cocoa powder, or any other WLC-compliant ingredient of your choice.