SFH Fish Oil and Recovery are here!
Fish oil, which includes Cod-liver oil, is a significant source of the Omega-3 fatty acids DHA and EPA. These fatty acids have numerous, documented health benefits: improved cholesterol balance, reduced inflammation, increased blood flow, reduced rates of heart disease and atherosclerosis, better immune system function,improved brain function, improvement in psychiatric disorders, and prevention of cancers (particularly breast, colon, and prostate). Improved blood flow and reduced inflammation are of particular interest to athletes. This enables an athlete to train harder and recover faster.
Even for the non-athlete, the benefits of fish oil are profound. Including the benefits listed above, studies have shown that fish oil can cause weight loss and improved body composition even when supplementing a very poor diet. I advise everyone to eat a diet rich in lean meat, fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds, with as little starch and refined sugar as possible. However, if you simply refuse to change your diet then I highly recommend you take fish oil. It’s super easy and will go a long way towards counteracting those McDonald’s extra value meals.
For the Recovery protein, sometimes after a workout, you feel like you’ve recovered but at the cellular level you haven’t fully recovered yet. This formula is designed to re-energize your cells by increasing your ATP levels (Adenosine Triphospate- the energy powerhouse of the cell).
Within an hour after your workout, mix yourself up a dose of Recovery Formula. Then, either eat a real meal or take another dose about two hours later. The purpose is to re-energize your tired muscles and help them recover, maintain joint health and flexibility and decrease the negative effects of free radical oxidants.
Recovery is approximately 2/3 whey concentrate derived from a grass fed, free range cows, which are never treated with antibiotics or bovine growth hormones and approximately 1/3 essential amino acids for recovery.
These are the added ingredients and what they do:
- Multi-component mixture of co-enzyme Q10, ribose and carnitine increases mitochondria productivity and maximizes cell energy.
- Amino acids build muscles naturally.
- Creatine boosts energy.
- Glutamine helps with muscle recovery and maintenance.
- Glucosamine sulfate* and chondroitin sulfate helps maintain joint health and flexibility.
- Carnitine facilitates the transport of fats into mitochrondria for oxidation and ATP generation.
- Leucine and isoleucine may promote muscle strength, volume and synthesis.
- Ribose increases ATP synthesis/cellular energy.
- Taurine may prevent muscle fatigue and atrophy.