Summer is right around the corner CFOX fam! Summer means it will be getting hotter but the workouts don’t get easier. Staying hydrated is a key part of performance and living a healthy lifestyle. Here are some tips for ya!
- Eat a balanced diet with plenty of fruit and vegetables. Processed foods, foods that are high in salt and fat (think McDonalds) will take away from your body’s ability to stay hydrated.
- Drink fluids at regular intervals during the day. Take a large water bottle to work and make it a goal to drink 2-3 times.
- Water is a healthy choice for hydration, without adding calories to your diet. Sure Gatorade is fun to drink but all those sugars will add up!
- Thirst is not a very good indicator of your level of hydration. By the time you feel thirsty, you’re probably already getting dehydrated.
- A more reliable indication of hydration in healthy people is the color of your urine. In general, the lighter the color, the better hydrated you are.
- Don’t overdo it! Although unusual, it is possible to become unwell by drinking too much water or other fluids.
Hang Squat Snatch