Paleo Pot Roast
|2||tablespoon(s)||beef tallow or coconut oil|
|2||pounds||beef – pot roast(s), rump roast, or chuck shoulder|
|2||medium||onion(s), yellow, sliced|
|1||teaspoon||sea salt, (optional)|
- Mix freshly ground black pepper, thyme, oregano and sea salt (optional) together in a small bowl.
- Rub mixture into meat on all sides of roast.
- Heat a medium skillet (if cooking in a crock pot) or heavy bottomed oven-proof pan (if cooking in the oven) over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons tallow when hot.
- Immediately sear all sides of the roast and set aside.
- Wash and prepare vegetables.
- Put roast in crock pot, add vegetables, bay leaf and water, and cook on high until tender (6-7 hours). Or, preheat oven to 325 F, add the vegetables, bay leaf and water to the heavy bottomed oven-proof pan with the meat, cover and roast for 2-3 hours.
6 Pull Ups
7 Power Cleans (95/135)