The holidays are here! Tis the season for lots of good food and families/friends coming together. If your family is like ours, the holidays mean lots of travel, since everyone is from (or living in) a different part of the country. All of the time in the air and away from the gym can throw off our normal workout routines, and we have to make due with whatever is available… whether it is a family member’s garage gym, the great outdoors, or a near-by military base. Here are some of our favorite on-the-go workouts.
Death by Anything (especially burpees!)
– Start with 1 burpee the first minute, 2 burpees minute number 2 and so on… until failure
Fight Gone Bad
– Somehow this became our Thanksgiving workout. My husband and I wake up early and are lucky enough to be around the equipment we need. This makes that extra piece of pumpkin pie or glass of wine feel way less guilty!
- 3 rounds: do each of the 5 exercises AMRAP 1 minute, then a 1-minute rest period.
o Wall-ball (Reps)
o Sumo deadlift high-pull (Reps)
o Box Jump (Reps)
o Push-pres (Reps)
o Row (Calories)
o 100 pull-ups
o 100 push-ups
o 100 sit-upss
o 100 squats
(if unable to do pull ups substitute for a different exercise.. Lat pullovers with a weight or resistant band are great!)
8 rds (20 seconds on/ 10 second rest)
This is a favorite for us when we have limited equipment or are outside.
– We ALWAYS travel with our jump ropes so DU’s are usually a given for us.
– Another great one is box/bench/any elevated surface jumps.
– Push ups
– Squats (you can make them weighted if you have any sort of weight. (A water jug, borrow a family members kid or your own!)
– Sit ups
Wishing you all a Happy Holiday Season!
Teams of 2
5 Rounds (25 Minute Cap):
100 Meter Wreck Bag Run (50/70)
200 Meter Run
30/40 Calorie Row
Partner 1 runs 100 meters with Wreck Bag, then Partner 2. Partner 1 runs 200 meters, then Partner 2. Sharing one rower, split calories as desired.