COMPLIMENTARY INTRO CLASS
We understand that the CrossFit way of doing things can be a little…different. However, we at CrossFit Oxnard believe all it takes is just a little taste to get you hooked, and within weeks you will notice changes not just in your body, but in how you perform, how you feel, and most importantly, how you approach your life. CrossFit is all about results based fitness, measuring and tracking what we do. Most people see results within just a few workouts.
Our free one-on-one intro classes are designed to give everyone a great sample workout of the day (the WoD), and see what CrossFit is all about, as well as check out what CrossFit Oxnard has for you. You will see how we do things, talk about personalized goals, and yes, get a sample workout!
Call 805.988.9922 to schedule yours!
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE BEGINNING
Everyone has to start somewhere, and this is how you do it. Even if you know you can bicep curl 340 pounds, run a 5k in 10 minutes, or deadlift your car, nobody is good at EVERYTHING. CrossFit workouts are comprised of many different movements, taking from gymnastics, olympic lifting, plyometrics, endurance, powerlifting, and much more. Some movements are easy, and some are very complex, and all are completely safe when done correctly. You will have at least one certified coach to guide you EVERY SINGLE TIME you walk in the door. If you have never even been to a gym of any kind before, this is where you get your exposure to the amazing feeling of accomplishing and dominating these things! Each class is comprised of a mobility exercise/warmup, some skill work, and then a WoD to get you used to entering modal domains your body has never seen before!
I’ve never done most of these things, how will I learn?
CrossFit Oxnard has the most certified coaches in the entire Ventura County. We can scale anything for anyone’s ability level. If you are new to CrossFit, expect some very basic exercises at first, and we will build you up to where you want to be, both in weight and movement patterns. CrossFit is hard, and it takes years to be GREAT at it, but you can be good at it in just a few months.
What should I bring to class?
- Comfortable workout clothes. These movements require flexibility as well so wear something that will not hinder your range of motion
- We have water available, but bringing your own water bottle is preferred
- A positive attitude! If you bring your ego with you, chances are, you won’t be leaving with it. Be positive and believe in yourself and those around you!
At CrossFit Oxnard we have many different membership options (never a contract!) to suit your schedule and needs. This is where it begins, and don’t worry, it never gets easier, but you get better!
AFTER THE INTRO CLASS
We have two paths we can take.
1) GROUP CLASSES; Some people have a great athletic background, and feel comfortable jumping right in to group classes. We have designed our classes to accommodate every level of athlete, from the seasoned vet to someone on their 3rd CrossFit workout ever. There will be enough warm up, skills and drills, and time to personalize your daily WoD.
2) PERSONAL TRAINING; Many prefer to get one-on-one training before jumping into group classes, and we offer 3, 6, and 9 session training packages to get you as familiar and comfortable as you need. These are on your schedule, and generally are ~60-90 minutes long.